Monday, June 30, 2014

DIY nail polish rack!

Those of you who know me, know that I like nail polish.  A lot.
I enjoy the bright colors, the pastels, the metallics, and sometimes even the glitter polishes.
About once a year I go through all my polish and toss the ones that have gone bad or the shades that I don't wear.  Even with the purging, my collection has grown to a point that I get annoyed sifting through them in the Rubbermaid that I used as storage.

I wanted a way to store the polishes so that I could actually SEE them.  
I thought that if I had them all set up it would make it easier to find the shades I want and to avoid buying doubles.

I found a plain wood shadow box type thing at Craft Warehouse for $7!  It's supposed to be a shadow box or organizer of sorts.  

(This is where I failed to take a before picture womp womp!)

After two coats of black paint and some gold antiquing in the individual boxes I had the nail polish rack I was looking for!


The only bummer was that each row of boxes is slightly different in size.  So the taller bottles had to be put in the bigger boxes, which meant I couldn't organize by color like I wanted to.


All in all I am super happy with my new polish rack.
Now it's all neatly displayed and I can see what I've got.

DIY projects don't have to be complicated!  Just have fun and make something!
What is your current DIY project?



No comments:

Post a Comment