Monday, May 5, 2014

They say it's liquid sunshine. Liars.

Have you ever been submerged in something for so long that when you finally notice it you're like: what the hell am I doing here?  

It happened to me recently, regarding the effing RAIN.  I have lived in Portland for 22 years, and until recently I hadn't noticed or cared about the rain all that much.  But over the last year or so I have been paying close attention to how much it bothers me.  Maybe it's because we have three kids and two dogs, so we notice when we're all stuck INSIDE.  

I think Starbucks is starting to notice it too..


We daydream of moving to a drier climate like California or southern Oregon (okay, no one really day dreams about moving to southern Oregon..haha!) at least some where without all the drizzle and overcast.  Yet we know leaving the area is something that takes time and consideration (and $) to make happen, but we can dream!

Luckily we are on the cusp of summer, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel for now (2.5 months of light to be exact).  So I will soak up every second of that sun, and the beauty that comes along with it.  Portland is gorgeous in the summer..


Now it's time to plan out the garden and try not to over do it like I did last year.  This year I'm keeping my word of the year "simplify" at the front of my mind as much as possible.

Along with getting ready for the growing season, it's time (well it's always time) to focus on being healthier.  Gluten free is still something I am working on and most days I do well with it.  Other days I just don't give a damn haha!  I refuse to beat myself up over a sandwich.  This is my journey, I am not in competition with anyone but my past.

So, with all that being said, my goals this month are:
1. To plant the garden
2. To take some dance classes
3. To be kind to everyone, even people that can't park
4. To thank God for the small things too
5. To sew something new
6. To not cut my hair off even if tempted
7. To have more grace and mercy (to be more like Jesus)

These might seem small, but a goal is a goal and you gotta have at least a few tangible ones to make you feel like you're getting shit done.






No comments:

Post a Comment